The Iron Maiden is FOR SALE
Owner is moving up – here is your chance to own the ‘Fortress’ of the sea as seen on National Geographic’s Doomsday Preppers season 2 episode 15 – ‘A Fortress At Sea’ …
The IRON MAIDEN was designed and built for serious continuous offshore use. Easily cruised by two people. She is completely self-sufficient in remote locations long-term. Offering unlimited range under sail and world-wide operations.
M/S Iron Maiden Quick Specs: (click here for Full Specs)
- Heavy Offshore 70 Explorer – All Steel Pilothouse Motor-Sailor
- Designer: Holland Marine – S.F. CA.
- Built/Launched (hull plated): 1989 Alameda, CA; Fully commissioned in 2005 Portland, OR
- Length: 70-ft. LOD/LWL, Beam: 18.6-feet, Draft: 9-feet
- Displacement/Weight: 88-tons gross (scaled at Ventura Boat Yard)
- Hull: Heavy reinforced 1/2″ & 3/8″ plate A-36 Steel Plate w/Ice Bow (16″)
- Power: Cummins NH-855 (275 hp.) w/ Twin Disc Marine Gear
- Sail Area: 2,400 feet Dacron (Cutter Rigged)
- Accommodations: 10 persons in 4 Staterooms w/ensuite heads
- Fuel: Diesel in two 750 gal. steel tanks (1,500 gals.)
- AC Generator: 8KW Cummins – 120/240 VAC. Back up 3.5 KW Diesel Gen-Set.
- 12 V. Power: 8 Rolls Surrette 8D batteries, 3 High-output Alternators, 2) 1,100-watt Solar Panel Array, 3 bank 40-Amp Stainless-Steel Battery Charger, 3 Bank 80 Amp Stainless Steel Charger, AirX marine 400-watt wind generator.
- Range Under Power: Approximately 3,000 N.M at 8 kts & 1,400 Rpm (10 knot full speed at 1800 RPM)
- U.S. Documented with Coastwise Trade Privileges (Legal for Charter Work).
- Last drydock: March 2009 at Ventura Boat Yard, Ventura CA.
Craigslist listing: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/3671267452.html
For more pictures, the complete specs of the Iron Maiden, and her history, check out http://www.svironmaiden.com/